Thursday, September 30, 2010

Well then, let's chat!

Life has been busy! I figured it was time to write a small blog post to fill in the big gaps!


On the knitting front, I've actually completed a shawl and really enjoyed it! After having such an epic fail with the first one - I'm so pleasantly surprised. I'm working on my second and really happy with it. The vest for my knitting class is still on the needles. I don't know if I'll ever finish it - it is a constant reminder of stress and disappointment with a knitting class. I should have trusted my gut and not taken the class. Another reminder that you should always trust your gut with BIG and SMALL things. I'm a little bitter about the whole situation and won't bore anyone with the details.

I also dyed my first skein of yarn! Actually, I dyed it three times! :-)

Wyatt is going to be 15 months old in October! Ellie is 3 years old! My father always said "Just wait. As you get older, the time goes by faster. Stop wishing it away." He always said that in response to my lamenting about how things were going so slowly. And he was right. I blinked and Ellie was 1. I half-blinked and she was 2 and Wyatt was with us. Now I've got two toddlers and they are amazing. I love to just sit back and look at them running around. I try to take it all in and savor the time - and burn the images and laughter into my brain.

I never imagined my life would be the way it is. Afterall, I was a total school nerd - had a very successful career, and earned my MBA. Now, I'm a stay at home mom to two children. God has a plan. While it wasn't what I thought it would be, the plan He had for me is so much more rewarding and full of bliss. I might not be "someone" in the corporate world, I'm "someone" to the people I care about and love the most. :-)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Raising little people. Can't think of anything more important Lisa! :-)

Bluebird49 said...

Oh Sweetpea--how wonderful to hear you enjoying your little family--one you never really thought of having! I didn't know you had your MBA---what a girl you are!

Can't believe Wyatt is 15 months old.

Sorry about the knitting class experience! I've always thought maybe one would be good for me--but then--maye not! There are plenty of videos on youtube to show about everything and plenty of help on Ravelry, too.

Blessings, Lisa!

essjay said...

Have you dyed anymore yarn? I hope you share about the adventures with dyeing! I can't believe the kids are so old already :( time is flying by!! You are blessed with such a beautiful family (and I know you know this!!).

Bluebird49 said...

Hi Sweet pea--thanks for commenting. For right now--I'm closing m blog. Unfortunately, a family member's friend has found it, and I know she'll be telling them--if she hasn't already. I'll try to figure out how to make it invite only, if I can.
Love, Trudy